A classically trained actor, former BBC presenter & reporter and an award-winning voice actor.
Lead roles in school productions began a love of theatre that led to successfully earning a spot to study acting at one of London’s top Drama Schools. I went on to feature in some of the UK’s most recognizable television shows like Eastenders, Casualty, The Bill, Holby City, The Mighty Boosh and Judge John Deed.
A 17 year long freelance career at the BBC as a presenter, reporter and technical operator followed and it was during this time that I honed my voice acting craft, whilst working as a voiceover and corporate television presenter alongside the BBC day job.
In 2015 I launched my voiceover business full-time, working globally from my ISDN recording studio. I specialize in corporate and eLearning narration and in 2019, the quality of my work was officially recognized when I received two nominations and subsequently won the ‘Outstanding Elearning, Best Voiceover’ category at the SOVAS Voice Arts awards in Los Angeles.
In addition to the corporate & eLearning voice work, I also voice radio and television commercials, audio guides, children’s audiobooks, telephone messaging systems, inflight audio, Voice of God announcements and video games.
Naturally RP (Queens English/Educated/BBC), with a confident, believable, honest and friendly tone, I immediately instil a sense of trust in the listener and am an ideal choice for your next project, whatever that might be. Get in touch for a free, no obligation, custom audition.
As a presenter, I’m represented by Great British Presenters. For all presenting enquiries, please contact Jane at email@example.com
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Well crafted and consistent continuing professional development is a vital component of my business. It delivers benefits to me, my profession and of course, my clients and the importance of my continuing professional development can not be underestimated;
- CPD ensures my capabilities keep pace with the current standards of other voice actors.
- It makes sure that I maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills needed to deliver a professional service to my clients.
- CPD enables me to stay relevant and up to date with the changing trends and directions within the voiceover industry.
- It helps me stay interested and interesting. Focussed CPD opens me up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skills.
I regularly attend voiceover conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars and have received training from some of the voiceover industry’s most highly rated coaches, actors, casting directors, business mentors and mindfulness practitioners, including;
- Dave Fennoy – Award-winning video game voice actor
- Mary Lynn Wissner – Voiceover Casting Director & founder of Voices Voicecasting
- Elley-Ray Hennessy – Voiceover Coach & Actor
- Yvonne Morley – Vocal Coach
- Anna Parker Naples – Life Coach, Success Coach & Master NLP Practitioner
- Sean Pratt – Actor & audio book narrator
I’m extremely grateful to the amazing Rachael Naylor and her team at The Voiceover Network, who are dedicated to helping, supporting and strengthening the voiceover industry. They are key to introducing me to the most prominent and current coaches and voiceover professionals in the industry and they play a fundamental role in my Continuing Professional Development.